I always worry that my posts are going to be sub-par on rest days or on days when I don't have any recipe to post. Unlike a lot of bloggers, I don't post incredibly thoughtful posts dealing with topics like gratitude, finding happiness, finding true balance, or the meaning of life.
I would like to think that some of those things do come out in my blog in bits in pieces, in how I live my life and who I am. If that makes any kind of sense (and not even taking a muscle relaxer right now either LOL).
Perhaps this is why I rely on Fun Facts Fridays for Friday posts. It's usually a rest day, rarely a recipe kind of day, and it's a good time to just do something different, fun, random, sometimes silly. I think it's safe to say that most of us are brain-dead on Fridays, so light-hearted is the name of the game here.
This week's Fun Facts Friday post came easily thanks to a blogger game going around where you tag people to list 11 random facts and have them answer questions. Yesterday, I was tagged by a lovely lady - Melissa from Melissa Dishes, so here it goes?
The rules of this post:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Tag those people.
11 Random Things
1. I love lemons, plain old lemons.
2. I need to sleep on the side of the bed nearest to the bathroom.
3. In school I always tried to sit closest to the door.
4. When I was in the 1st grade, I wanted to be a bus driver.
5. When I was 5 I wanted to be a "cheerleader" my godmother even bought me official Dallas Cowboy pompoms.
6. I have munchkin sized feet - I wear 5.5-6
7. I want to get a bike to ride with Jason, but I'm terrified of falling and hurting myself OR hurting someone else.
8. I hate needles but have a tattoo and want another one.
9. I have an obsession about owning hardback books.
10. I'm a terrible cuticle picker so my fingers look awful at times.
11. I'm very touchy feely when it comes to fabrics and textures. When going through stores, I touch almost everything.
11 Questions from Melissa
1. How long have you been blogging? Almost 2 1/2 years (wow, that long???)
2. Why did you start blogging? Hubby encouraged as way to possibly make extra money. Money isn't coming in but blogging is my prize.
3. Would you live in your hometown again? NO
4. Would you clone your pet if money isn’t an object? This is tricky….I adore Maddie, and will miss her terribly when she's gone but only her good traits. Heath - would definitely clone that sweet guy in a heartbeat.
5. What’s your favorite restaurant? Karyn's Cooked in Chicago
6. What is your go-to snack? Totally depends on where I am. Love PB on apples or rice cake or ThinkThin protein bar.
7. Hot or cold weather? Hot
8. More muscle, faster runner, or weigh less? What would you rather be? Oh tough call between muscle and faster runner. Can I split the difference?
9. Favorite Girl Scout cookie? Thin Mint
10. Favorite drink? Pinot Noir
11. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? Sometimes I do.
I know I'm supposed to tag people and give you questions, but how about you answer one of the questions above and/or give me some random fact? The quirkier the better!
Daily To-Enjoy List:
- It's Friday
- Laughs from this post
- Rest day
Don't forget to share your to-enjoy list via twitter. Just use #toenjoylist