I am so used to Fridays being rest days. It was really hard forcing myself to get in my workout today. Definitely feeling more fatigued because of this sinus crud - or maybe it's just the medicine. Plus it's really heavy fog, gloomy out today. A big recipe for sleep.
However, I was meeting a friend to get her started on a weight workout rotation I put together for her. So, the pressure was on. I couldn't back out. I was also excited to meet her up there and get her started. The fact that she trusts me makes me nervous of course. Talk about pressure!
So, while I was a little tired, I had motivation. And, of course, once I got going with my own workout, I actually felt much better, much more awake.
Today I opted for legs. I went with supersets and went heavier for most exercises. I did 3x8 unless noted.
Barbell squats - warmup set of 10
Rear leg elevated lunges
Calf raises - 15 reps
Hamstring rollins on ball - 10 reps
Fire walkers - 4 each direction
I finished out with 15 minutes on the elliptical with my friend. I had her doing some HIIT intervals so I thought it was only fair that I at least did the elliptical as well.
I left feeling a little disappointed in the fact that my legs weren't feeling the workout like I thought they would. In a way, this was a blessing. When I got back to work, the elevators were out. I had to walk up 10 flights of stairs to get to my office (and 10 flights in office building is like double flights). Um, legs were shaking after than one!
Fun Facts Friday - 5 Things to Smile About
It is Fun Facts Friday, so I suppose I should get right down to it. It's probably more interesting than reading about my workouts anyway.
Today's was inspired by the fact that two other blogger friends are dealing with family health crises right now. It definitely makes me stop and think about how lucky I am right now that my family is all healthy and well.
I thought it would be sort of uplifting to list out the things that made me happy today. To make it fit with Fun Facts Friday (the whole "F" thing) we'll go with 5. These are things from either family or friends or just random joys that made me smile. Life can deal us some crap sometimes, so it's important to remember those little happies during the day.
1. An email from my friend Jessica reminding me that she'll be here to visit in less than a month! Now that's something to smile about for certain. Oh and then later emails planning a run together when she's here.
2. The fact that I am helping a friend get started with lifting weights, and that she didn't hate me after the workout is a bonus ;-)
3. Thinking about spending the evening with my husband with no obligations, no set plans, just us relaxing.
4. Looking forward to running this weekend no matter what the distance ends up being - not having the pressure is kind of nice too.
5. Reading this fun post of random facts and relating to almost all of them (kind of scary). Anyone else hate hate hate to mess with the vacuum cleaner cord? Raise your hand.
What's something that made you smile today?
Daily To-Enjoy List:
- Leg day (yes, I was really looking forward to it oddly enough)
- The fact that it's Friday