This morning started of really really early. The alarm was set for just before 5am so that we could get up and out the door for my long run. Jason was going to run the first part with me then ride his bike after.
We drove down to the Big Dam Bridge to start the run. The sun was just starting to come up and was simply spectacular. This week I remember to at least bring my phone so I could capture a picture of the sunrise over the Arkansas River.
I actually felt really good the whole run. It's surprising to have that much pep in my step at 5:40 am. But I guess my legs were refreshed from my rest day yesterday, and I wasn't tired yet from a long day, and it wasn't blazing hot either. I know I've said it a million times, but there is something so serene about an early morning run. Just watching the sun rise, the day come alive.
Mile 6 put me back at the car where I took my GU and a quick potty break. Yep, I was hydrated! I continued on solo for the last 3 miles of the run. I was feeling so good; I so wanted 10 miles. But I was running out of time.
But, to make up for it, I pushed out the last mile at a very solid 8:52 pace. My overall average for 9 miles was 9:10. I think that's a pretty darn good way to start a Friday.
Fun Facts Friday
Seeing as it is finally Friday, I suppose that means it's time for Fun Facts Friday huh? It's funny, day-to-day people surprise me, shock me. And I don't know why really. People are just funny. They do funny, odd, quirky, even annoying things that make you ask, "Why?"
So, here is my list of those annoying things that I wonder about. Why do people do these things? Sometimes I just want to ask them even. Can you please explain why you think [insert whatever] is a good idea or why it makes sense to you? Of course I don't, but maybe one day I'll get ballsy and ask ;-)
Why do people:
- Smoke at the entrance to a building. I don't want to walk through your secondhand smoke.
- Tailgate - especially when the car in front clearly cannot get out of the way in traffic. Back the hell off.
- Take the elevator for 1 or 2 flights of stairs. If you're not disabled in some way, that's just lazy.
- Circle parking lots to find a close parking spot when they could have parked farther away, walked and already been inside.
- Talk on their cell phones while in the bathroom stall. I don't want to talk to someone and hear them pee or hear others pee!
- Not flush the toilets in public restrooms. Sometimes I know the toilets don't flush of course. But sometimes it's clear that they didn't attempt to flush.
- Not recycle. Seriously? Please recycle.
- Meander in crosswalks. Yes, got it. You have the right of way, but move along so I can turn please.
Ok, so what are some of your "why's"???
Daily To-Enjoy List: