Yesterday, after work, Jason and I had planned a run. Honestly, I was kind of in a funk and would have been happy to put the run off. But, I also knew that I needed to run Thursday rather than Friday since I was planning a long run for Saturday. Oh the plotting and planning a runner does.
The sun had finally come out so it was a little warmer than I'd hoped for - right at 70 degrees. But it wasn't humid and as the sun was going down, it was more comfortable. The plan was for 5 easy miles. Easy was the operative word of the day.
I've been pushing really hard for my runs, even on my long runs. I've gotten way too caught up in hitting a PR for my next half. So today was all about enjoying the run. Easy, no strings attached.
We actually talked a lot more than we usually do. And taking it easier definitely made it less of a struggle/fight. We ended up with 6 miles and it was just what I needed not just for confidence, but also for my body. Perfect way to cap off Thursday. Not only was it letting go of the work day, but it was enjoying the fresh air, the sunshine, and the company of my husband.
I know everyone seems to be extremely stoked for fall. Everyone is talking about the cooler weather, the fall foliage, and pumpkin everything. Don't get me wrong, the changing foliage can be gorgeous (unless you live in a state that had severe heat and droughts), pumpkin is amazing, and cooler temps are definitely more ideal for running.
However, I am probably the 1-2 percent who are not so happy with fall. I mean, it can be dreary. The leaves falling off treas and plants is kind of depressing. And it's sooooo dark. All.The.Time.
Though, I'll take fall over winter any old day, so I guess that's one plus for fall. Trying to be positive here. So, in keeping positive about the demise of summer, here are my positives about fall for Fun Facts Friday.
- 55-60 degrees for running = perfect. However, warmer during the day would make me happier. Just sayin'.
- The trees changing is pretty, I'll give everyone that.
- A reminder to use up that pumpkin I've been hoarding ever since the pumpkin shortage from last year - like this amazing looking Penne Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo or Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.
- Boots. While I miss my toes being free, I love me some boots - tall, short, booties, flat, heels....you get the picture. I have some similar to these that I scored a sweet deal on from ebay (under 30 bucks including shipping)
- Chili. Fall is definitely Chili Season. And I'll take it red, white, green, orange, as long as it's meat-free of course.
- Fall will make you appreciate randomly warm, sunny days.
- Not having to get up at the butt crack of dawn even on weekends to get in a run before it's 100 degrees.
- Pumpkin beer. Enough said.
Are you one of the many who adores fall? Are you sad to see summer go? Tell me some of your favorite things about fall.