|Sunset at Mission Beach|
I think every time I travel I learn something new, better ways to make, or things to not pack. How to take fewer pairs of shoes, pack lighter, more efficient. Then there are things I totally forget that I had previously learned.
- Cold water should be a given - when you don't have a room fridge, you suddenly realize how much you miss something so simple.
- Flip flops are comfortable, but not when you're hiking the San Diego Zoo, Mission Beach, the Gaslamp District, or any other entire city area for that matter.
- Sticking with the same color scheme is a big win. Fewer shoes, fewer accessories. Win win.
- Cardigans of varying weights are a girl's best friend when traveling.
- Pack extra chapstick, always pack extra.
- Zip loc baggies are great to have on hand.
- Oatmeal, your measuring cup, PB packets, protein powder, cinnamon, stevia + the room's coffee maker gives you an instantly healthy breakfast when you don't have a microwave.
- Always pack extra power bars, protein bars, energy bars, whatever you call them, pack 'em.
- Did I mention comfy shoes? I'm a stickler for fashion, so any ideas for cute AND comfy....
- Google map is my BFF - I can find all the public transportation stops, pinpoint Trader Joe's, know the location of a grocery store, wine store, veggie restaurant.
- Pack extra plastic ware (spoons, forks, knives).
- Bring your own water bottles. You can refill at fountains or buy a gallon jug to refill them with.
- Extra napkins are smart.
- But one big lesson I've learned was that you really can buy most anything you might have forgotten. So make sure you have your meds, contacts, glasses and anything else? Try not to sweat it ;-) This coming from the person who packs her own oatmeal including bowl.
What are some of your travel tips/lessons?