Yesterday, while in the restroom at work, I started thinking of some of the odd quirks I have about public restrooms. Yes, I'm sure you're thinking I'm certifiable right now. But, I know some friends who even refuse to use them period.
I've noticed I have a certain pattern and that there is definitely a restroom etiquette that some people don't seem to understand. I guess they never got the memo. Now, if you're one of these people I list below, I promise I still love you!
- I always try to go to the same stall (at work).
- I'm pretty giddy when I can get to the restroom when a lid is still up because it means it's clean and no one else has used that toilet yet.
- I will admit that sometimes I'm too lazy to hover. Gross, I know.
- I get really annoyed when someone tries to talk to me when I'm in the restroom. Let me pee quietly please and thank you. Friends are the only exception to this rule.
- And do you really need to have a phone conversation while sitting on the pot? Do you really think the person on the other end of the phone wants to hear you or anyone else peeing? I'm thinking no.
- I realize that some people just like to be neat and tidy, but when someone starts to wipe down the water off the entire counter top, I feel like it's a statement against me somehow.
- And while I get annoyed at people wiping down the sinks, I really get annoyed about people being so lazy as to not pick up their paper towels if they don't make the waste basket. I feel like that's just rude to the cleaning people.
- I don't understand how and why some people don't flush the toilet and I won't use the toilet if it's dirty which is funny because I'll use a port-a-potty (though that's usually out of desperation).
- If it's...um...stinky...please don't spray a shitton of fake florally spray to try to mask the stink. It just makes for a more disgusting fake flowered...um...stink.