This post is courtesy of Mr. Pavement Runner who had the great idea to do a blog post about our "fitness closets." Sometimes it's nice to have an inspired post idea I must say.
Mine is more fitness drawers and baskets, but that totally counts right? We do have a closet that houses our bikes and a few fitness items, but mostly everything is crammed into drawers or spilling out of baskets around here.
If it were properly folded and organized, you'd find:
- 4 pairs of Saucony running shorts - Ignite split short
- 1 Saucony tank
- 2 Brooks tanks (one sheer mesh and one black and white)
- 1 short-sleeved Saucony, 1 short-sleeved Asics and 1 short-sleeved Brooks
- An assortment of sports bras that include Champion brand, Saucony, Brooks
- And a host of Nike shorts and tops that I will only wear at home - old, booty shorts ;-)
- I usually try to cram in my running hats as well - mostly Nike and 1 Brooks.
This drawer houses more of the cold weather running gear. And it's grown this year I must say.
- 1 pair of Under Armour compression tights with matching top (love)
- 2 pairs of Champion brand tights (Target clearance)
- Capris: Nike Capri, 2 pairs of Champion Capris and my favorites, Brooks Infiniti Capri.
I also love my Brooks Nightlife gear for dark runs. Safety is so important for runners and I love that they have an entire line dedicated to being seen.
- 2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Rider 16
- 3 pairs of Brooks Ghost 5
- 2 pairs of insanely old Saucony that I was wearing for lifting
- Not picture are my newest loves - Merrell Barefoot that I wear around the house and for lifting
- Also not shown are my cycling shoes
I tend to try or want to be loyal to a brand, but find that there are different things I like about different brands. I have loved my Brooks shoes, but right now they aren't right for me/my feet. But I still love their apparel and always will. I think it's high-quality, absolutely made for runners, and also fun and fashionable.
I've started wearing Mizuno shoes and they seem to be a better match for my feet right now. I've been liking the tops I've gotten as well. Everything seems to be high-quality.
Saucony is another brand that I tend to turn to. Not for shoes, but for apparel. Always great quality, fun colors, and great fits for me.
Oh, and we do have yet another basket of fitness gear that holds our gloves, my Spibelt, running sunglasses, our headbands, caps, flashing/blinking lights, and RoadIDs.
Are you a brand loyalist? Do you have a fitness closet or drawer(s)? Or both?