I want to, again, thank both Jessica and Sarena for their guest posts while I was in California. If you missed the posts, please check them out!
While I was in Long Beach, I only got online twice. There was no wifi in our room, and I refused to pay 10 bucks for it. I also didn't want to spend my time sitting in the lobby on the computer. Sometimes not having easy internet access is a good thing. It makes you focus on being present.
I did, of course, share some Instagram pictures. But that was about it. I do feel like I missed out on hearing what's up with everyone. I guess that's the lure of social media. But, I'm glad I was disconnected. It meant focussing on having fun with my sister and friend and enjoying vacation time.
I'll do a full recap next week, most likely a recap in pictures because those are much more fun I think. But, it happens to be Fun Facts/For Friday, so I thought it'd be fun to share what it's like to travel with two other women.
I've never done a girls' only trip. I was a little trepidatious. I had never traveled with Cris before. You tend to learn a lot about people when you travel together, and often don't know what to expect. I've had great friends that I learned I simply couldn't vacation with. Has that happened to you?
Anyway, it turned out to be just fine after all. I mean, there were a few times when we got a little uptight, mostly when we were hungry and tired. But all in all? A great girls' trip. But there are differences traveling with all women. And here's what I learned:
- There will be a LOT of makeup and hair care products littering the bathroom counter.
- It will look like a department store exploded in the bedroom when everyone is getting ready.
- You will have options of trading/sharing clothes if you're not liking what you brought.
- There will be many outfit changes.
- There cannot be enough mirrors in the hotel room. Two was absolutely not enough.
- It can be tricky trying to time getting ready. Luckily Sarah had to get ready first; Cris got ready while I was working out; I went last.
- There will be lots of singing and dancing around.
- Women come well prepared. If you forgot something, someone else had it.
- The room will basically smell like hair spray and lotion.
- There will be a lot of pictures being taken and attempts at taking pictures of the 3 of us together.
Have you taken a Girls' Trip? Anything you learned from it?