Show of hands - who's happy it's Friday?? I have both hands raised and am jumping wildly about. Looks like we have nice weather ahead here. I plan on taking full advantage by getting in lots of lounging, reading, and pool time.
This morning Jason got up and ran with me. I decided to try something new, possibly smarter this week ... No long run. Eek! I'm kind of fighting that little devil on my shoulder saying, "You should have gone for it, it was only another 4 miles."
Because of my continued plantar fasciitis issues, I've decided to change up a few things about my running. Thankfully, Amy is on board with one change - a slow run day. I think we'll both wear heart rate monitors so that we can base our speed on that rather than just try to maintain a certain pace. It'll be hard. But I think it'll be beneficial for both of us.
Also, the change this week is that rather than doing one long run (10 miles), I am splitting that into two days. My theory, totally unvalidated mind you, is that I can run 6-ish miles one day, then 4-ish the next and my foot has time to recover between the runs rather than just one long, pounding run that leaves me slightly limping around.
Any experts out there who might know if this will work? I do worry that if I don't keep up my long runs, however, then when my next half comes around, it'll be building up the miles vs training for my speed. Also, I feel like I need to get in as many long runs as I can before it gets simply too blistering hot out by mid-summer. I'm trying to listen to my body here. I've not really done any solid research. So any thoughts or advice are welcome.
Now, onto the fun part - Fun for Friday. I thought I'd share a few random things from the week.
- Tomorrow is National Get Outdoors Day - good reason to sit on my patio and read I do believe.
- Maddie has woken us up twice this week at either 4 or 5 am.
- Today is another holiday to warrant eating junk food - doughnuts - and I haven't had one in about 19 years. I worked at a bakery and the smell makes my stomach turn now.
- Jason and I went to the Arts Center for a members opening for their newest exhibit "Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough: The Treasures of Kenwood House, London." Kind of makes you feel all uppity to go to openings and such ;-)
- We ended up having to park on the other side of the lot because the art opening was so busy. I made Jason take the long way around the entire building to avoid the white goose that has it out for me. When we left, I figured he was gone so we went the shorter route, only for me to be hissed at by an entirely different goose. WTH?
- Monday after our bike ride, we came home to the remnants of blackening banana peels in the floor. We blamed Maddie, but it could've been Heath since he's taller - but he's blind...one of them got on the table and tore into the bag holding the last two bananas we had and ate all but a few bits of the peels. Yuck.
- We've grilled out and eaten out on our patio most nights this week. Makes for a relaxing evening.
- After work yesterday I came home to another mess - a previously unopened pack of notecards was now scattered about and half eaten along with printouts from my ISSA study guide, also half eaten.
- Some honesty - it's been one of those "about to meltdown any moment" kinds of weeks. We all have them though right?
- I added in drop sets to my weight workouts this week. Why do I always forget how those sneak up on you? Exercise amnesia.
Ok, your turn - what's something from YOUR week you want to share (or get off your chest)?