Friday, March 7, 2014
I'm sure I don't even have to ask who's happy that it's Friday. That's usually a given right? Though, this weekend we're springing forward so that sort of stinks. I'll appreciate that it's light later, but not that it'll be dark again in the mornings. I was just getting used to seeing sunlight before 7 am.
I don't really have a theme for today's Fun for Friday post. So, I thought I'd just do a 5 for Friday list of things I'm enjoying or plan to enjoy. It's Friday, so I'm thinking happy thoughts!
1. Improved Weather. I'm loving the looks of our forecast this weekend and the forecast for my Saturday morning run. A vast improvement from last weekend.
2. Happy Hour with Friends. Definitely looking forward to meeting our friends after work for a bit. It'll be nice to catch up with them and just relax and unwind.
3. Not Having a Race. It'll be nice to not be thinking about weather for racing this weekend. It was all-consuming last weekend. I mean, every hour I was checking. Though, I do have a 10K next Saturday, so let the weather watching commence again on Monday.
4. Shorter Long Run. Since I'm not doing another half anytime soon, my long runs can drop down a bit. I do like to maintain a certain base mileage though, so I'm sure I'll still do between 10-13, but this week will be an easy 10 with Amy, in the sunshine and wearing shorts again. (Hear that Amy? Easy!)
5. A New Breakfast. Mon-Fri I eat the exact same breakfast (TVP Oats with PB and cinnamon apples). I ran out of apples ... ok I was lazy and didn't go to the store ... I almost had a panic attack last night but reigned myself in and hit up Pinterest. I decided to try out some sweet egg scramble/faux oatmeal idea. Egg whites with 1 packet of stevia, copious amounts of cinnamon and half a mashed banana. I was able to microwave it all then I stirred in peanut butter and some strawberries. Phew, the day was saved!
What are you enjoying this week or looking forward to this weekend? Anyone else freak out if they can't have their routine meal?
Fun for Friday - 5 Things I Will Enjoy
5 things|enjoy|enjoying|fun for friday|running|