Have you ever had a workout mishap, like taking a spill during a run, then you hear repeatedly, "Exercise will kill ya!" And it's often said with a beaming, know it all, told ya so smile right?
Well, maybe they're right? Exercise is dangerous! GASP
Ok, I didn't fall and hit my noggin' this morning if that's what you're concerned about. I'm most certainly not saying that we shouldn't exercise. But face it, sometimes the things we do can hurt us, especially if you're a super klutz like me.
I thought it'd be fun to share just a few of my exercise mishaps over the years:
- Falling off a stability ball - this has happened many times, thankfully never in the gym where others were there to witness the scene.
- Hitting myself with a resistance band - those suckers can pack a wallop by the way!
- Scraping my shins with a barbell - hello deadlift battle wounds
- Hitting myself with a dumbbell - I've had more bruises over the years from accidentally hitting myself with a dumbbell, I do bruise easily so that'll be a partial excuse.
- Falling while running - I became very much acquainted with the pavement after mis-stepping into a depression in the road.
- Falling off a bike - I took my first spill on my 4th bike ride out thanks to trolly tracks and a jerk of a driver.
- Knocking a hole in your shin on the bike - I've hit my shins more times than I can count on the pedals of both a spin bike and my road bike.
- Misstep on an elliptical - I've totally stepped off the edge of an elliptical. Thank goodness for those annoying arms that often cause bruises too.
- Misstep on treadmill - Don't you just love that moment when you step on to the front of the treadmill because you're somehow trying to go faster without increasing the speed then everyone in the gym turns to look at you? No? Just me? Thankfully I haven't taken a tumble but we've all seen the videos!
- Running injuries - do I even have to explain this one? But running is FUN!
- DOMS - again, sore muscles and not being able to hover over a toilet after leg day … lifting is FUN!
What are some of your exercise induced injuries?
Those resistance bands can really get ya! Obv speaking from experience...ReplyDelete
I had a bad experience doing yoga I versions in a cramped room...ReplyDelete
I still have the scar!!