Happy Happy Friday!
This has been one heck of a week trying to readjust after vacation. Is it possible to have a vacation hangover? I think that's been my affliction this week. I've been utterly exhausted feeling. Of course, waking up early to get in my workouts hasn't helped. Then there's the whole having to go to work thing. Actually, the biggest post-beach-vacation shock is having to actually get ready each day. Real shoes, real clothes, hair and makeup???
But, it's finally here, Fun for Friday! I had a few ideas for a post, but then I found some inspiration from my friend Lindsay. She had a post today that was talking about summer camps, more specifically Camp Spark.
She asked everyone for their favorite summer camp memories. I don't have one. I never went to summer camp. I barely went to Vacation Bible School because I was so painfully, incredibly painfully shy. Seriously, the thought of having to have gone to camp would have sent me into a complete tizzy. It was hard enough for mom to convince me to go to VBS with kids I actually knew, let alone being away overnight with kids I didn't know.
Where on earth am I going with this you're likely asking. I'm not going to talk about camps or camping. But it got me thinking about things I've never done or never tried because I was too shy and scared
- Summer camps - Closest thing to a camp was an overnight Girl Scout camp out.
- Softball - My dad taught us early on how to bat, pitch, catch. But I would never ever join a team.
- Easter egg hunts - Other than family hunts, I refused to do any big egg hunt. I vividly remember one incident specifically where I refused to hunt for the golden egg in the parking lot of a K-Mart.
On the flip side, there are things I have done that I never thought I'd do like ...
- Fly in a 4-seater plane - I'm terrified of flying, but a friend of ours is a pilot and wanted to take us to Harbor Island while we were visiting in Seattle. I took 2 ativan, but I did it.
- Audition for a musical - In high school, I actually sang to audition for Oklahoma where I, of course didn't sing, but had a dancing role. I cannot carry a tune, but I went in, sang Sweet Child of Mine and that was that.
- Run a half marathon - Never in my wildest, asthmatic dreams would I have thought I'd be able to accomplish running 13.1 miles. Now I've completed 8.
What are some things you've never done? What are things you've done but never thought you would do?