Do you ever have those days when it just all hits you - you're tired. Completely done in. You've been logging miles upon miles, increasing your weights during lifting workouts, cross-training, stretching, rolling out those muscle not to mention going to work, cooking, cleaning, etc. Um, that's a lot of hours being busy and active.
After yesterday's tough morning run - it was a good run, but a hard one. It was definitely not a long slow day. The speed plus the humidity wiped me out. I knew right after that run that a rest day was in order. I mean not even a single thought of working out has crept into my mind. I don't even want to look at my yoga mat for stretching.
Sometimes I forget to embrace my rest days. I forget to look forward to them and enjoy them. Then my body will quickly remind me to take time and relax, enjoy, rest and reap the benefits.
So today, I'm enjoying and looking forward to fun, looking forward to rest, enjoying extra sleep. It's truly a Fun Friday:
1. Rest day. Very happy to not be doing any workouts today. Much needed mental and physical break.
2. Extra sleep. Today's rest day also meant an extra hour of sleep. Usually I'll end up waking up early anyway. Today? I slept until the alarm made me bolt out of bed startled and annoyed.
3. Happy hour. I'm looking forward to happy hour with Amy and her husband after work. It's nice to visit while not running for a change.
4. Hair cut. What girl doesn't look forward to getting prettified?
5. The weekend. Yep, just looking forward to the weekend in general. I hope to get in some reading and pool time.
What are you enjoying or looking forward to enjoying?