I think part of it for me is that I am thisclose to being able to start attempting to run again. So close ... And oddly, even though every ounce of me wants to run, now I'm afraid to try. I can't wait to get out on the roads again, but now I'm fearful of another stress fracture. As much as I'm sick of the bike trainer and the full-body circuits I've been doing, they feel very safe to me now.
This got me to thinking (uh oh right) ...
Do you ever feel like you're completely bi-polar, or have dueling personalities? No? Just me then? I thought it'd be fun to share some of my idiosyncrasies, those weird things that I both like and dislike.
- I love to do home decor, redecorating projects, yet I'm really bad about always following through to the end. So things get started with great intention, but then I may not finish the fine details. Example, I refinished a chair and only put in half the finishing brads, about 8 years ago.
|Now this was one project I did complete at least|
- I like order, but am often messy. For example, my clothes are organized by color, yet my shoes? Strewn about the closet floor.
- I can't stand cucumbers (not even the smell) but I love pickles. To me, they are two completely different things.
- I don't really enjoy racing, yet I keep signing up for races. I'm 5 weeks sideline with this stress fracture, yet I signed up for the RussVegas Half in April and am looking at two 10Ks as well. Save me from myself please.
- I don't like the cold and am almost always cold, except when it comes to running. Then I like the cold and am missing running in winter weather. Who am I again?
- I enjoy running solo for the me time, but at the same time, I like running with friends too.
- I don't enjoy getting up early to workout or run, but at the same time I kind of do because a) it's done for the day and b) you get to see some amazing sights some days.
What are some of your like but dislike moments?