Oh you know, the gal that used to blog ...
After 5 1/2 years of blogging, I simply needed a break. I needed to reconnect to my life, not an online life. It was beyond refreshing I must say.
Also, I felt like my posts were starting to feel contrived, especially after finishing my first full marathon and then ending up sidelined with that good old stress fracture.
I didn't know what more to say.
I wasn't feeling inspired in the kitchen.
I most definitely wasn't inspired by running, since I couldn't. I didn't want my posts to be all "woe is me" because in the grand scheme of everything in life, my life wasn't necessarily bad. I was just having some set backs.
After my injury, I set on the road to regaining my running endurance - both distance and cardiovascular endurance. It was hard. It was frustrating. Any runner who's been sidelined knows all about the comeback game. It's as mentally challenging as it is physically challenging.
I ended up able to run the Little Rock Half Marathon. Definitely not my best time in several years, but I was happy just the same because it meant I was back to running. Injuries will certainly help you change your perspective on things.
Since I last left you (I know everyone has been glued to their feeds waiting for a post right?) ...
- I've been running with my awesome running partners (Must give a HUGE shout out to L in the yellow for a 10 min PR at Boston!!! Hello awesomeness.)
- I ran a 10K, the Little Rock Downtown Dash
- I ran the RussVegas Half Marathon
- I've put together a couple of new recipes
- I've been working on ideas for some workout challenges for Where's the Beach Fitness
- I registered for the Chicago Marathon (<<<< WOW)